Sunday, April 13, 2008

Light blogging ahead

As my few regular readers might have noticed, blogging has been light lately - this is due to the simple fact that I am currently working on a project with 2 deadlines this month. That means that blogging will be light the next couple of weeks as well.

Still, I have a few loose ends that I thought I should address. First of all, welcome to all of Skippy's readers.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about a new mathematical object. Since math isn't exactly my strongest area, I hoped that someone like Fox might step up and provide more details, which he did. However, a, to me, new blog thought that we didn't actually explain the most fundamental part of the new discovery, and took upon itself to explain it better - thanks Science and Reason.

Readerville is a book-related forum that I've been frequented since it opened up 8 years ago. Unfortunately it is coming to an end in its current form, and will cease to exist some time in the coming week. The Readerville site will continue, with the online version of the Readerville Journal, but the forum won't be there. Karen, who runs Readerville, is working on some kind of solution, and has enabled comments on the articles in the Readerville Journal.
It's always a bit sad when something that has been part of your life for a long time disappears - and in internet time, Readerville has been around forever, but some times change is also good - let's hope that's the case here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home